Blogger Recognition Award
Hello to all <3
we’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award but couldn’t return the favor immediately. At first, we want to thank Crisly Zerrudo from http://www.empoweringanduplifting.com/ for nominating us. It’s our first time being nominated for an award, so we really appreciate it.
How did fancy-diaries start?
Fancy-Diaries started on a cold and snowy winter day in December 2016. Jassy was in town to visit her Family and Friends. So, she and Elena met up and drank hot chocolate while having a conversation about being a blogger and writing about creative content. They always wanted to create their own blog because they are just fascinated by the content they produce. That’s why Elena and Jassy decided to share their interests with the world.
Our advice to new bloggers…
- Choose a selfhosted domain and please don’t make the same mistake we did! We bought our domain on wordpress.com, only to realize that the earning, theme, plugin and space limitations are not only a burden, but also limit the quality of the work one produces. Being selfhosted is cheaper than having an account on wordpress.com and you don’t have to spend a lot of money to enable plugins or themes. WordPress.com is a free blogging platform that let’s you sign up for free. They offer four variants for a free account: The first one is free and includes a wordpress.com-subdomain, community support, a few free themes and three GB storage. The second one is the so called “personel” option, which costs you 4,76$ per month. It offers an individual domain name, live chat support, a few free themes, no ads and six GB storage. They also have pricier alternatives, the “premium” and “business” options, which include more extras. So, if you don’t want to make money with your blog and just host it for fun, we recommend you to use the free version of wordpress.com. A selfhosted domain can be purchased by many hosting sites. We use bluehost.com, but there are many other pages for example siteground.com. Once you purchased a selfhosted domain, you can install wordpress.org on it and create your site. You’ll have full control over your blog and can use different tools, such as plugins, themes and settings to upgrade and design it. Firms prefer bloggers with a selfhosted page to enter into collaborations because these websites look way more professional.
- It can be unmotivating, when you really create nice content but not that many readers by now. Our tip is: Keep writing and don’t stop! Join some Facebook groups or pods on Instagram and Pinterest. Make a good business plan, which includes how to get more traffic on social media; marketing; affiliate programs; etc. We had the same problem before, but then we found Facebook groups like “bloggers supporting each other”. They have great tips and many threads, which you can join to get comments, likes and follows.
The rules for accepting this award:
- You must thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- You must write a post to show your award and write about how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Please, comment on the nominated blogs to let them know you nominated them and provide a link to your post.
We would like to nominate these beautiful bloggers…
- Gabbski from https://www.gabbski.com
- Nattalie from https://www.beingblaise.com
- Lucy from https://www.lucindaanderson.com
- Habiba from https://lssbybiba.blogspot.de
- Christoph from https://www.trendablaze.com
- Lindsay from https://optimisticmorning.com
- Neuza from https://www.azuenture.blogspot.pt
- Parris from https://www.theephicialguide.wordpress.com
- Katherine from https://www.thisisbeautyweb.wordpress.com
- Tamara from https://www.midnightmystique.com
- Emelie from https://www.emelieempire.com
- Baleigh from https://baleighsbetterlife.com
- Fehin from https://www.girliefix.blogspot.com
- Shamira from https://www.bebeshamo.com
- Ranaa from https://www.realwomentalk2.com
Congratulations to all Nominees! We’re looking forward to read your post 🙂